Why Have Your Jewellery Valued?
Having your jewellery and other precious belongings valued is vital to making sure you are adequately covered by your insurance policy. Without an accurate, up to date valuation you run the risk of being under insured in the event of loss or theft. Many insurance companies even insist that you have items over a certain value specified individually on your policy and regularly valued to ensure the limits are adequate.
Proof of Ownership
Valuations may be required by your insurance company to provide proof of ownership. In some policies it is a requirement, and failure to provide a valuation from a registered valuer, such as the ones provided by I.J.V.A., can find you having a replacement that is based on an item of ‘average’ quality rather than the item you have lost.
An I.J.V.A. Valuation includes:
- A detailed description of the item, including stone identities, weights and measurements, as well as the measurements & weights of the overall item
- Insurance replacement values
- Photographic images of the items
- One copy for your records and a second copy to pass on to the insurance company
- Advice and recommendations on any repairs needed to your items (if applicable)
Prices are based on a per piece basis. Simply email us for an updated price list.